News about projects by Marleen van der Werf
* Fiction project ‘Blub!’ is selected for the CineSud ScriptLAb!
* Best international short film won by ‘time and tide’ at the Golden Ger International Film Festival Mongolia.
* Prize for best documentary won by ‘time and tide’ at the First Frame festival!
* An oeuvre-night of all films by Marleen van der Werf is on at the 12th of April @ Filmhuis Schoorl.
* The documentary ‘Maalstroom’ will be broadcasted on the 12th of December 2018 at 23:03 NPO2. For this film Marleen van der Werf assisted director Misja Pekel again.
* The 69 seconds 16mm film ‘Exposed’ by Marleen van der Werf premiered at the Back to the Future Film Festival by Filmwerkplaats in Rotterdam and was part of the program of Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen 2018.
* For the documentary ‘Maelstrom’ (‘Maalstroom’) Marleen van der Werf assists director Misja Pekel. ‘Maelstrom‘ is a poetic found footage film portraying the memories carried by the refugees in Calais and Duinkerke. The film will premiere in 2018.
* The performance ‘Zee van Zand’ (‘Sea of Sand’) premiered at the Oerol Festival 2017. ‘Zee van Zand’ is a musical and visual improvisation in a dune lanscape at night. Water, light, words and wind help to shape the cinematic impressions that rise from the sand. Briefly reflecting the immensity of the landscape, only to disappear under the sand again.
* In 2017 ‘Once Upon a Tree‘ will be screened again! This year at the Salt Lake City Film Society, F.A.V.E. Academy in Decatur, Georgia and the KinderDocs in Greece.
* ‘Levende Duinen (‘Living Dunes’) had a wonderful première at the Oerol theater festival and had a review by the Dutch newspaper NRC in which the experience we created is mentioned as best of the fest: NRC 13 juni – Duin Poëzie op Oerol.
Also Het Dagblad van het Noorden wrote an article about ‘Levende Duinen’: DvhN 14 juni
* Seattle Children’s Hospital is now showing ‘Once Upon a Tree’ on their ‘Get Well Network’.
* ‘Levende Duinen’ (‘Living Dunes’) is a multidisciplinary theater project for which Marleen van der Werf collaborates with the PeerGroup. The project ‘Levende Duinen’ will result in performances at the Oerol Theater Festival in June 2016 and 2017.
* 2016 screenings of ‘Once Upon a Tree’ at Children’s Film Festival Seattle 2016, Bellingham Children’s Film Festival, Washington for the Spokane Children’s Film Festival, The Henry Art Gallery in Seattle, Coastline Children’s Film Festival Benton Harbor, Monterey Art & Film Festival for the Youth, Monterey, California, Clay-Platte Montessori Children’s Film Festival, St. Louis, Missouri, screenings in the The Rose Theatre in Port Townsend, at the RINCON International Film Festival, Rincon, Puerto Ric, Scottsdale International Film Festival and the ZOOM FAMILY FILM FESTIVAL at the Wexner Center, Columbus, Ohio.
* Marleen van der Werf is a member of the jury for the Planet in Focus Film Festival 2015.
* ‘Zentuin in de Zuidas’ will be screened on the 3rd of October 2015 at the Buddhist Film Festival Europe 2015 in the EYE Institute Amsterdam.
* A new film project ‘Paal’ is in development in the Teledoc Campus program by the Dutch Film Fund, Mediafonds, CoBo Fonds and the Dutch broadcaster EO.
* ‘Once Upon a Tree’ is selected for the Sharjah International Children’s Film Festival 2015.
*’Zentuin in de Zuidas: De stilte voorbij’ will be broadcasted the 19th of April 2015 at NPO2.
* More screenings of ‘Once Upon a Tree‘ in competition coming up: BOGOSHORTS in Bogota, Olympia International Film Festival for Children and Young People in Athens and The International Short Film Festival ZUBROFFKA in Poland.
* Wadland will be screened at the CYCLOP 4th International Videopoetry Festival, Ukraine.
* Winning news about Wadland from the IndieCork Film Festival: “Our congratulations go to Marleen Van Der Werf for winning the Ó Bhéal Poetry-Film competition, with her captivating nature poetry film, Wadland.”
* ‘Once Upon a Tree’ has won at Wildlife Vaasa Film Festival in the category ‘Children Films’!
*’Once Upon a Tree’ is selected for the International Short Film Festival Courts Devant in Paris and the Lahore International Children’s Film Festival in Pakistan. As well as the Planet in Focus Film Festival in Toronto and the 28th Braunschweig International Film Festival in Germany.
* ‘Once Upon a Tree’ will have it’s North American première ate the Hamptons Film Festival where it will be competing for the ‘Golden Starfish Award’. On the same continent, the film is also in competition at the Hot Spring Documentary Film Festival.
* ‘Once Upon a Tree’ is a finalist in the International Short Competition of the CineEco in Portugal and the competition for Best Children Film at the Wildlife Vaasa Film Festival in Finland 1-5 October 2014!
*More screenings of ‘Once Upon a Tree’ coming up at film festivals in South Korea, and premières at film festivals in France, Australia and North America!
*‘Once Upon a Tree’ is part of the official selection of the Environmentel Film Festival in Seoul, South Korea and the Festroia Film Festival Setubal. There are also sneak previews of the film as part of the Summer series of CoolConnections in Moskow and the Rooftop Film Festival in New York.
*’Prosecutor’ (Officier van Justitie) – directed by Misja Pekel – premières on the 16th of May.
Misja followed a prosecutor in her work from the crime scene untill court.
Marleen van der Werf was the assistent director for this project and provided some of the camerawork as well as soundrecording.
The documentary will be broadcasted the 19th of May, 20:50 at NPO2 and is suported by broadcaster HUMAN and Mediafonds.
*’Once Upon a Tree’ will have it’s international première in May!